SANSEI BASEBALL LEAGUE SCHOLARSHIP
The Sansei Baseball League (SBL) awards scholarships to graduating high school seniors who best meet the SBL scholarship qualifications, in academics and community service. Scholarships will be awarded to the selected students by the SBL Scholarship Committee with the approval of the SBL Board of Directors.
- The applicant must have played in Sansei Baseball League for a minimum of 4 seasons.
- The applicant will graduate from high school in the Spring of the current school year.
- The applicant will have an overall minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 based upon the final grades received in the 10th grade, 11th grade, and the first semester final grade of the 12th grade/senior year.
- Applicant will provide copies of transcripts as verification of grades received
- The GPA is based on the 4.0 numbering system. An average of all letter grades (A=4, B=3, C=2, D=1, F=0), excluding physical education grades, will be used to calculate the GPA.
- Plus (+) and minus (-) grades are not recognized in this system and shall be omitted from the letter grade when determining the overall GPA.
- Special credit or extra points towards the GPA will not be awarded to students taking Advanced Placement courses or any other classes for college credit.
- The applicant will have demonstrated commitment to community service.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from: 1) an active school official (teacher or counselor) and 2) a non-relative adult (minister, coach, supervisor, etc.)
- Please provide two high resolution photographs of applicant: 1) High school graduation: 2) Youngest SBL photo (T-ball Preferred). If SBL photo is not available, any other youth sports photo will suffice.
- Require all scholarship winners to attend the Sansei Baseball closing ceremonies to receive their scholarships (check calendar).
A completed application must be postmarked by the date stated in the application. Applications postmarked after the deadline or incomplete applications will not be considered. The Sansei Baseball League will not be held liable or responsible for applications lost or delayed in the mail or with insufficient postage. Mail completed applications and letters of recommendation to:
Sansei Baseball League
ATTN: Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 7512
Torrance, Ca. 90504
- Applicant will be sent a letter acknowledging receipt of application.
- Applicant will be contacted via e-mail by the date stated in the application, to schedule an interview.
- All applicants will be sent an e-mail by the date stated in the application, regarding award decision.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact us.
NOTE: The scholarship application will be available in January of the year of your graduation.
Download the Scholarship Application