What is unique about Sansei Baseball League?
Sansei Baseball is an organization that focuses on the "Spirit of Sportsmanship" where we believe inclusion and positive reinforcement is the key to the development of our youth. The game is just the vehicle to come together as a community and accept everyone's abilities and personalities. Winning is not just the score at the end of the game, but seeing the accomplishments of our youth both in skill and sportsmanship. The "Spirit of Sportsmanship" is about teamwork, respect, and fun.
Here are some things that make Sansei Baseball League unique.
- Players of all skill levels get equal opportunity to play in all positions
- Everyone's (Board, Coaches, and Parents) commitment to providing a supportive and positive environment for our youth to enjoy the game of baseball
- Teams can stay together throughout their SBL career
It is OUR (Board Members, Commissioners, Coaches, AND Parents) RESPONSIBILITY to provide the youth of our community with a positive program of service, training, development, and enrichment under good sound leadership in an atmosphere of warmth, caring and understanding. With these ideas in mind, the League's purpose for our youth is to:
- Establish the fundamental principles of teamwork, fair play, and good sportsmanship.
- Provide each child an equal opportunity to participate.
- Instill within each child an unwavering confidence in their own abilities.
- Inspire them to continually strive to reach new heights of excellence in all their endeavors.
The Sansei (pronunciation: \ˌsahn-say.\) Baseball League was founded in 1960 for the specific purpose of providing organized sports for the youth of the Gardena and South Bay communities; one in which all players would have an equal opportunity to participate.
Over the years, Sansei Baseball has evolved into a exemplary sports organization open to ALL skill levels and communities. The league consists of baseball/softball/tball divisions, boys and girls from ages 4 through 14.
The founders felt that the needs of these particular youth were not being adequately met by the established public and private community service organizations of that day.
The original teams in the league have historically been sponsored by five principal community organizations:
- Gardena Valley Baptist Church - Cardinals
- Gardena Valley Gardener’s Association - Dodgers
- VFW Club - Dodgers
- Gardena Buddhist Church - Giants
- The Evening Optimist Club of Gardena - Optimists
Today, teams are formed independently or by the League. Contact us
for more information.